Personal Data Policy
Goodwood Park Hotel Singapore (or as appropriate in the context, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects the protection of the Personal Data of individuals and values the relationship we have with you. This Personal Data Policy (“Policy”) describes the types of Personal Data we may collect from you, how we may use that information, and with whom we may share it. Our Policy also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the information you provide to us, including without limitation through this website. We also tell you how you can reach us to update your Personal Data, ask questions you may have about our personal data protection practices and provide feedback on our personal data protection practices.
1. Personal Data
“Personal Data” in this Policy refers to data that can identify an individual.
2. Collection of Personal Data
The types of Personal Data collected include, among other things (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
- (i) Name
- (ii) NRIC number, FIN number, passport number
- (iii) Date of birth
- (iv) Gender
- (v) Marital status
- (vi) Country of birth / nationality
- (vii) Employer details
- (viii) Passport expiry date
- (ix) Vehicle number
- (x) Telephone number
- (xi) Email address
- (xii) Postal address
- (xiii) Credit card information
- (xiv) Frequent flyer or travel partner programme affiliation and member numbers
- (xv) Travel itinerary and flight information
- (xvi) Log data / IP addresses
- (xvii) Geolocation information
- (xviii) Social media username, profile photo and other data (including publicly available data) that is made available through your social media accounts
- (xix) Publicly available data
- (xx) Images, video and audio data obtained from security cameras installed in the public areas of our hotel
- (xxi) Guest preferences of which you advise us or which we learn about during your visit, including your interests and preferred hotel room, food and beverages, services and amenities
You may have provided the Personal Data to us personally or authorised other individuals to provide the Personal Data to us and consent (on your behalf) to our collection of your Personal Data from these individuals. These individuals could be your family members, travel agents, employees, colleagues or other individuals whom you appoint / authorise to make reservations / bookings on your behalf .
Where you give us Personal Data about other individuals, you confirm that you are authorised to disclose and consent, on their behalf, to the processing of such Personal Data for the purposes described in Section 4 below, or other purposes for which your consent has been sought and obtained.
3. How is Personal Data Collected?
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- (i) When you browse our website, make a reservation through our website/over the phone/by email/by contacting our customer service, registering for our loyalty programme/frequent travel programmes/travel partner programmes or making an online purchase through our website (whether using your registered account with us or logging in through your social media account(s))
- (ii) When you make a reservation through a third-party website or online reservation platform, (whether using your registered account with the third-party website or online reservation platform or logging in through your social media account(s))
- (iii) When you use our services such as restaurants, concierge services and child care services
- (iv) Through your interactions with our staff, or your responses to our surveys, contests, promotional offers or comment cards
- (v) From our strategic business partners such as travel booking platforms, travel and tour partners
- (vi) From Internet-connected devices made available in our premises such as handy phones
- (vii) Other sources including from our joint marketing partners, public databases and third parties where you have given your consent for them to share your Personal Data with us
4. Purposes for Collection and Use of Personal Data
Generally, we collect and use Personal Data for the following purposes:
If you are a guest of Goodwood Park Hotel (including guests and customers of our restaurants, food & beverage outlets, meetings and events services)
- (i) To provide products and services to guests and to respond to guests’ queries, requests and feedback
- (ii) To provide, run, operate, administer and manage loyalty programmes and rewards programmes
- (iii) To keep guests updated on Goodwood Park Hotel’s products and services, including promotions, loyalty and reward programs, for guests who have opted to receive updates.
- (iv) To seek feedback from guests and evaluate Goodwood Park Hotel’s products and services and how Goodwood Park Hotel can improve its products and services
- (v) To manage the administrative and business operations of Goodwood Park Hotel
- (vi) To comply with applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Goodwood Park Hotel
If you are a Vendor / Service Provider / Business Partner of Goodwood Park Hotel:
- (i) For the purposes of the supply of products and services and support by vendors / service providers / business partners to Goodwood Park Hotel and the evaluation of such products and services
- (ii) Processing and payment of vendor invoices
- (iii) To manage the administrative and business operations of Goodwood Park Hotel
- (iv) To comply with applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Goodwood Park Hotel
- (v) Security checks
- (i) To evaluate applications for employment, internships and industrial attachments with Goodwood Park Hotel
- In relation to particular products and services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data and sought your consent to such purposes. We only collect and use Personal Data for purposes for which you have consented to. If we need to use your Personal Data for any purpose to which you have not previously consented, we will seek your consent prior to using your Personal Data for the new purpose.
5. Disclosure, Sharing and Transfer of Personal Data
Goodwood Park Hotel does not sell or rent Personal Data that we collect from individuals, including our website visitors. We disclose and transfer Personal Data to the following parties for the purposes of managing, operating, administering and running our business and for our business and legal purposes, and in the course of or in connection with providing our products and services to our guests:
- (i) To other members of the Goodwood Group of Hotels for the purpose of keeping guests updated on the products and services, including promotions, loyalty and reward programs of other members of the Goodwood Group of Hotels, for guests who have opted to receive updates
- (ii) To other members of the Goodwood Group of Hotels for purposes of evaluating our products and services and our business as a group
- (iii) To government and non-government authorities, agencies and/or regulators as required under applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies
- (iv) To our business partners for the purposes of providing products and services to our guests
- (v) Vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by Goodwood Park Hotel and to facilitate the planning of events / functions that Goodwood Park Hotel organises or is involved in
- (vi) To our service providers (who may be located outside Singapore) that have been retained to perform services on our behalf or on behalf of members of the Goodwood Group of Hotels, including:
a) Agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Goodwood Park Hotel, e.g. courier services, telecommunications, information technology, etc.; b) Professional, financial and legal advisors, tax advisors, auditors, insurers and insurance brokers; and c) Vendors, service providers and consultants that have been engaged to help manage, operate, administer and run Goodwood Park Hotel’s operations and business processes or provide services to facilitate our provision of our products and services
(vii) For job applicants, your Personal Data may be shared with other members of the Goodwood Group of Hotels if Goodwood Park Hotel takes the view that you may be suitable or eligible for another job position with one of the members of the Goodwood Group of Hotels, unless you inform us otherwise (please refer to Section 9 below). The Personal Data will be used in a confidential manner to help the Goodwood Group of Hotels monitor their recruitment processes.
Goodwood Park Hotel requires that the parties to whom we transfer Personal Data and our service providers implement adequate levels of protection in order to protect Personal Data. We also require that these parties only process Personal Data strictly for purposes for which we engage them for and consistent with the purposes that we have described in the section “Purposes for which we collect and use Personal Data” or with other purposes for which consent has been sought and obtained.
Goodwood Park Hotel’s website may contain links to third parties which are not controlled by us and which are not covered by this Personal Data Policy. You are responsible for reviewing the privacy policies for all such third parties before disclosing your Personal Data to any third party, directly or indirectly.
In addition, we would disclose Personal Data in the following circumstances that we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- (i) When we are required to do so by law
- (ii) In response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other governmental officials
- (iii) To comply with a court order or direction from a government agency or regulatory authority ordering the disclosure of the Personal Data and
- (iv) Where disclosure is necessary for investigations or legal proceedings
6. Cookies and Other Technologies
This website contains "cookies", clear gifs (also known as web beacons or web bugs), or similar technology. A cookie is a piece of data that is sent to your Internet browser, which will store the cookie on your computer if your browser is enabled to accept cookies. Web beacons assist in the delivery of cookies and the collection of non-personally identifiable information, such as "click path" and other data as described above.
7. Protection and Security of Personal Data
Goodwood Park Hotel employs a reasonable range of technology and physical security arrangements and maintains safeguards to protect against the accidental or unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, deletion and other similar risks to Personal Data.
8. Retention of Personal Information
Goodwood Park Hotel only retains Personal Data for as long as the retention is required for the purposes for which we collected the Personal Data, the purposes described in this Policy and for our business and legal purposes, unless otherwise required by law or other mandatory directions by court or government authorities or for purposes of legal proceedings or other similar proceedings or investigations.
For more information on our Personal Data Retention Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the contact details set out in Section 9 below.
9. Contact Details
If you have any questions or feedback regarding this Policy and our policy and practices on our collection, use, disclosure or retention of Personal Data, you may contact our Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer Goodwood Park Hotel
22 Scotts Road Singapore 22821
(i) wish to update or correct your Personal Data,
(ii) wish to request for information from Goodwood Park Hotel on what Personal Data of yours we have and how we have used and shared your Personal Data during the last one year before the date of your request,
(iii) wish to withdraw your consent to Goodwood Park Hotel’s use, collection, sharing or processing of your Personal Data or
(iv) have any concerns, feedback or complaints about the use and/or sharing of your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer in writing.
If you are a job applicant and wish to inform us that:
(i) you do not wish for Goodwood Park Hotel to share your personal data with other entities in the Goodwood Group of Hotels for evaluating your suitability or eligibility for another job position within the Goodwood Group of Hotels other than the one you are applying for; or
(ii) you do not wish for Goodwood Park Hotel to retain your personal data for the purposes of evaluating your suitability for future job openings within Goodwood Group of Hotels, please contact our Human Resources Office:
Human Resources Office Goodwood Park Hotel
22 Scotts Road Singapore 22822
10. Updates to this Personal Data Notice
We may change or update portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice to you. Please review this Policy from time to time so you are aware of any changes or updates to the notice. We will indicate the effective date of the notice. If you do not agree with any of the changes or updates to the Policy, you have the option of withdrawing your consent to our collection, use, disclosure and processing of your Personal Data (please refer to Section 9 above).